Wednesday 14 December 2011

My inspiration

Here, you can see different type of picture, where have been used different camera technique. Where I was trying to point out on how women are portrayed in the music video, as well as the costume to represent their music style. Because I decided to do R&B soul style of music, you can only see R&B soul artists. As you can notice, for this type of genre, the artists in videoclips usually wear colourful, stands out clothes: such as: Beyonce- ''why don't you love me'' where the director set the theme of the 60's and 70's to, by choosing the right type of the costume as well as the make-up and other features. Another pictures you can see from videoclip by Ciara ''like a boy'' which is where I get my idea for my music video, which leads to feminisms and how women are stereotyped by their role of being female. Where, the director has used the black and white background to focus on the stereotypes which has been created by the male gender. What impressed me, was the camera editing technique of ciara wearing the tuxedo, and black hat on, to represent represent the male gender, and at the same time ciara with lovely white dress on, represent the female gender, as they are dancing together, which is really well done and interesting. Choreography
As a produced of R&B soul music video, I have to pay attention to the choreography, which is very important for this genre, as well as the costume's. The song by Ciara, ''like a boy'' the choreography has impressed and inspired me, because the artist, with the other girl professional dances, where dancing, acting like a men, which fits perfectly with the lyrics such as: when the singer says ''tell you I love you'' she with the other dancers (girls) created like a heart, with a heart beating, where director created black a silhouettes , which movies to ''call I never get back'' where the director didn't used this effect, as we can see them perfectly like before.
Overall, all this has inspired me and gave me the perspective of what my music video should be represent, how I am going to achieve this ( by using the right costumes, setting, the narrative, and conventional elements of R&B soul) who the video will be aim at (mostly men) what the message is behind it etc. I believe that all these features will help to produce the music video which will not just be worthing to watch, but also learn from it.