Friday 16 December 2011

Music video production

This section is one of the most important, because I must know how a music video is produced, to represent the specific genre, as well as the different processes, to help me create the final piece, in order to help me, produce it in professional and effective way.

Production process
The fact is that, the process of making a video, can be more difficult, as I have very little experience with using a final cut, as well as I will have to make a plan of my music video, before I can even start filming such as:
  • equipment-will provide me with enough time to acquire any additional equipment I may need before starting production.(e.g. different type of camera, lighting, etc.)
  • location-by visiting the shooting location during pre-production, I will be able to determine any issues that may arise during my shoot, to find a solution, in order to save the time, which is the most important factor when I will start filming .
  • production planning- great videos require thorough planning. Production planning involves recruiting the crew and talent, and helps me to prepare props, costumes etc. I believe that careful planning will ensure me, that my music video production will run smoothly, without any problems.
  • script- by creating script and storyboard, during pre-production, will ensures me, that I have a solid plan-of-action before starting production. This will help me during production by allowing me to focus on the task at hand.
There are three main stage's of the production process
  1. Pre-production
  2. Production
  3. Post production
All these three main stage's, are equality important, in order to help me create a professional music video.

Pre-production- is the planning stage of shoots, and occurs, before the camera starts rolling. I will achieve this by, creating storyboards, locations, music etc., as this is the most important part of the whole process of producing my music video.

Production-this is when the I start filming my music video includes the set and the crew as well as the actors, costumes, make-up, set in one or more locations etc. The time, of creating my music video can depends of the amount of factors from locations I have shoot, to length of the video.

Post-production- this is when filming is done, them it must be edited and created into the overall music video, where music is then merged with edited video recording, to follows effectively. The most important part of it, is to catch the audiences attention, which makes them to watch it. The production process, is about editing it, where I can use special affects, in order to make it look more professional. The disadvantage is that this part, is very time consuming.

Conclusion...
This gave me information about how to make a video, step by step, by using these methods, from pre-production, to post-production, in order to produce a similar, and professional looking music video.

No comments: